Help with internet connection sharing...two computers...one dial-up

Old January 2nd 05, 07:55 AM posted to alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.nl.internet.eigen-domein,alt.sex.cu-seeme,austin.internet,bit.listserv.cics-l,comp.os.os2.networking.misc,uk.comp.home-networking
Cindy

Default Help with internet connection sharing...two computers...one dial-up

I have two computers running XP and one dial-up internet connection. I
bought a crossover cable...but now I'm stuck as to how I enable them to
share the same connection. Is it possible to be online at the same time?
Please HELP ME!!
SewWhat4

Old January 2nd 05, 10:43 AM posted to alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.nl.internet.eigen-domein,alt.sex.cu-seeme,austin.internet,bit.listserv.cics-l,comp.os.os2.networking.misc,uk.comp.home-networking
Boy

"Cindy" wrote in message
I have two computers running XP and one dial-up internet connection. I
bought a crossover cable...but now I'm stuck as to how I enable them to
share the same connection. Is it possible to be online at the same time?
Please HELP ME!!
SewWhat4

As you don't state your OS and not being off but if you Google there are
many sites that can assist.

dj

Old January 2nd 05, 01:36 PM posted to alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.nl.internet.eigen-domein,alt.sex.cu-seeme,austin.internet,bit.listserv.cics-l,comp.os.os2.networking.misc,uk.comp.home-networking
abc

I have two computers running XP and one dial-up internet connection. I
bought a crossover cable...but now I'm stuck as to how I enable them to
share the same connection. Is it possible to be online at the same time?

Yes!
The easyiest way is used Internet sharnig Wizzard its helps in 90%

ps.
sorry for my poor english...

Old January 5th 05, 11:17 PM posted to alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.nl.internet.eigen-domein,alt.sex.cu-seeme,austin.internet,bit.listserv.cics-l,comp.os.os2.networking.misc,uk.comp.home-networking
tougharms

"Cindy" wrote in news:gONBd.1927$x61.822
@news01.roc.ny:

I have two computers running XP and one dial-up internet connection. I
bought a crossover cable...but now I'm stuck as to how I enable them to
share the same connection. Is it possible to be online at the same time?
Please HELP ME!!
SewWhat4

do you have a firewall? is it set to accept traffic from the network?
Old February 5th 05, 05:12 PM posted to alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.nl.internet.eigen-domein,alt.sex.cu-seeme,austin.internet,bit.listserv.cics-l,comp.os.os2.networking.misc,uk.comp.home-networking
Jimmy

Cindy wrote:
I have two computers running XP and one dial-up internet connection. I
bought a crossover cable...but now I'm stuck as to how I enable them
to share the same connection. Is it possible to be online at the same
time? Please HELP ME!!
SewWhat4

Cindy. You might try Google search for 'internet connection sharing with
1394' which is yet another option. You need two machines with 1394 cards.
Having two XP machines makes this easier. Two NIC cards alone with one cable
between the two is also an option. Do you have a wireless or wired router?
You could try networks groups for further setup help.

J.