Netgear DG834GT Problems

Old January 2nd 05, 02:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Oscar

Default Netgear DG834GT Problems

Have a Netgear DG834GT as my router, within the firewall rules I have
HTTPS 1x Inbound Service defined, it is enabled, it is forwarded to
192.168.0.2 on my internal network and it is open for any WAN user. I
also have remote Router management switched off.

However if I open a web browser & put in my own external IP address
expecting to see the web server running on 192.168.0.2 I get the logon
for the router, put in userid & password & I can administer it. Anyone
any ideas? Preferably about this issue..

regards

Oscar
Over & very confused at the moment
Old January 2nd 05, 09:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 14:31:42 +0000, Oscar strung
together this:

Have a Netgear DG834GT as my router, within the firewall rules I have
HTTPS 1x Inbound Service defined, it is enabled, it is forwarded to
192.168.0.2 on my internal network and it is open for any WAN user. I
also have remote Router management switched off.

However if I open a web browser & put in my own external IP address
expecting to see the web server running on 192.168.0.2 I get the logon
for the router, put in userid & password & I can administer it. Anyone
any ideas? Preferably about this issue..

Sorry, what is the question? That's what usually happens. The router
will see the request is coming from inside the LAN and present it with
the local logon screen. To get to the external interface you'll have
to access it from another internet connection.

There was a thread about this recently, which may or may not have been
on here, but it was definitely a uk.* group!
--

SJW
Old January 2nd 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:29:15 -0000, Rob Morley
strung together this:

The answer was quite possibly to try connecting through an Internet
HTTP proxy.

That does sound like the answer I was trying to think of!
--

SJW
Old January 3rd 05, 03:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Oscar

Lurch wrote:
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:29:15 -0000, Rob Morley
strung together this:

The answer was quite possibly to try connecting through an Internet
HTTP proxy.

That does sound like the answer I was trying to think of!

Thanks Guys, it was me being a muppet, never set a webserver up before,
so I expected if I tried to come in via external IP it would show me the
website.

Anyway we live & learn

Oscar
Over & More Enlightened