Link sys router on NTL

Old January 2nd 05, 04:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
fredbloggstwo

Default Link sys router on NTL

Hi All,

Please can anyone pass on their experiences or point me to instructions
about putting a wireless router (Linksys) onto a NTL cable connection? I am
looking for what settings I have to use where within the router to get it
working. Particularly user id password etc.

Thanks for any help and a happy New Year to all.

Mike

Old January 2nd 05, 04:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
fredbloggstwo

"fredbloggstwo" wrote in message
Hi All,

Please can anyone pass on their experiences or point me to instructions
about putting a wireless router (Linksys) onto a NTL cable connection? I

am
looking for what settings I have to use where within the router to get it
working. Particularly user id password etc.

Thanks for any help and a happy New Year to all.

Mike

I forgot to add that the NTL bloke set things up with a device that looks
like an Ethernet to USB adapter.

Mike

Old January 2nd 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sun, 2 Jan
2005 16:21:01 -0000, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "fredbloggstwo"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

Hi All,

Please can anyone pass on their experiences or point me to instructions
about putting a wireless router (Linksys) onto a NTL cable connection? I am
looking for what settings I have to use where within the router to get it
working. Particularly user id password etc.

Thanks for any help and a happy New Year to all.

Here is what I did to get mine working on NTL:

1) Plug it all in.
2) Turn it all on.

That was it.

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk AC: deKay in Sponge
|- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk Gamertag: deKay 01
Old January 2nd 05, 06:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Clansman

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 16:21:01 -0000, "fredbloggstwo"
wrote:

Hi All,

Please can anyone pass on their experiences or point me to instructions
about putting a wireless router (Linksys) onto a NTL cable connection? I am
looking for what settings I have to use where within the router to get it
working. Particularly user id password etc.

Thanks for any help and a happy New Year to all.

Mike

Have a look at this page:-

http://www.networklab.co.uk/cmodem/linksys.html

Clansman

Old January 2nd 05, 10:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mikeFNB

it's very easy.

just plug the CM into the router WAN socket.
the either wireless or cat5 to pc's.

power off (mains!)
everything.
power CM let it settle
power router let it settle
power PC.

bingo all done.

if you have been using USB for CM link.
makesure you uninstall it first and get the CM working via cat5 (nic)

mike

Old January 8th 05, 11:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mikeFNB

repeat mail ?

load/install the Wifi card in the PC.

power everyting off.(mains!)

plug via cat5 CM to router WAN socket.

power CM let it settle
power router let it settle
power PC
off you go
there is no config of passwords or anything require on the router
only that it must get it's MAC registered on the NTL UBR
if you follow as above it will do that auto.

if you were USB uninstall all the drivers first & get the CM working NICPC
before you try getting the router online.

mike

Old January 9th 05, 12:11 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
fredbloggstwo

Mike

I assume that this is the same for a desk-top box as well as a cable modem -
or are the two the same.

Thanks, Mike

Old January 9th 05, 12:49 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mikeFNB

what do you mean by a desk top box?
model number?

puzzled