Problem with wireless network

Old January 3rd 05, 10:29 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
yorkie

Default Problem with wireless network

Hi all,

Am having a frustrating problem with my home wireless (ADSL) network. My
setup is as follows:

D-Link DSL-G604T router (802.11g)
1 x D-link DWLG122 USB wireless adaptor
1 x Belkin Wireless G USB wireless adaptor
My ISP is Virgin (provided by NTL, IIRC)

Every so often but at least once a month my connection will just stop
functioning. The internal network is fine but I cannot connect to the
outside work by any means. If I log into the router I can't even ping
external websites. The only means I have found to resolve this is to
power-cycle the router which means I lose all my settings (and which is
bloody annoying). Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem?

Thanks.

Incidentally, my firmware is V1.00B02T02.UK.20040618 I've founf a
slightly more recent one (V1.00B02T02.NE.20040817) but was unsure
whether I should try it.
Old January 3rd 05, 01:50 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:29:36 GMT, yorkie wrote:

The only means I have found to resolve this is to
power-cycle the router which means I lose all my settings

that shouldn't happen, may point to an issue with the router. Does it
not have a reset or restart on the web interface ? either way it
shouldn't forget everything if the power goes off.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old January 3rd 05, 03:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
yorkie

Phil Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:29:36 GMT, yorkie wrote:

The only means I have found to resolve this is to
power-cycle the router which means I lose all my settings

that shouldn't happen, may point to an issue with the router. Does it
not have a reset or restart on the web interface ? either way it
shouldn't forget everything if the power goes off.

Phil

Phil,

Restarting the AP (ur using the reset button on the back) seems to have
no effect. The only remedy seems to be to unplug the power for a few
minutes. The last time it happened I couldn't even get in to the web
interface...