Wireless network camera as baby monitor - comments?

Old January 3rd 05, 05:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chunky

Default Wireless network camera as baby monitor - comments?

I like the idea of using one of the budget wireless network cameras as
a 'toddler cam' and watching for when my daughter wakes up / checking
on her from downstairs.

Has anyone got any experience of the relatively cheap ones like the
ones below?

Hawking HNC320W - like the price of this one but can't find a review!
Linksys WVC54g
Dlink DCS2100
Axis 206W

Would like one that is relatively easy to set up, works reasonably well
in low-light conditions and preferably not too expensive. A microphone
would be bonus.

Not really interested in using it as an internet camera.

I plan to use it on as part of my home network with a Draytek 2600W
802.11b.

Would be great to hear any comments or experiences on how easy they are
to set up and whether they work OK.

Cheers

Chunky

Old January 3rd 05, 06:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Malcolm Knight.

"Chunky" wrote in message
oups.com...
I like the idea of using one of the budget wireless network cameras as
a 'toddler cam' and watching for when my daughter wakes up / checking
on her from downstairs.

Has anyone got any experience of the relatively cheap ones like the
ones below?

Hawking HNC320W - like the price of this one but can't find a review!
Linksys WVC54g
Dlink DCS2100
Axis 206W

Would like one that is relatively easy to set up, works reasonably well
in low-light conditions and preferably not too expensive.

I have an Axis 2420 which is one of their more expensive units and the low
light performance is appalling.
--
Malcolm

Old January 3rd 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave J

In within uk.comp.home-networking,
'Malcolm Knight.' wrote:

Would like one that is relatively easy to set up, works reasonably well
in low-light conditions and preferably not too expensive.

I have an Axis 2420 which is one of their more expensive units and the low
light performance is appalling.

Are there any that are IR sensitive?

--
Dave Johnson -
Old January 3rd 05, 07:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Malcolm Knight.

'Malcolm Knight.' wrote:

Would like one that is relatively easy to set up, works reasonably well
in low-light conditions and preferably not too expensive.

I have an Axis 2420 which is one of their more expensive units and the

low
light performance is appalling.

Are there any that are IR sensitive?

I found the best arrangement is to get a top grade analogue camera and link
it to an Axis web server, choose wisely and it will see in the dark better
than you can, But you said not too expensive.... :-(
--
Malcolm

Old January 3rd 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chunky

Oh well, thanks, perhaps its a crap idea.
I'll have to wait until the prices come down i guess.

Chunky