wifi printer & file sharing

Old January 3rd 05, 08:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

Default wifi printer & file sharing

On 3 Jan 2005 20:52:56 GMT, "chissers"
strung together this:

I,m fairly new to wifi.

I've got a desktop set up with a wireless router & broadband. I've got a
notebook with Celeron processor and I've just added another desktop with a
Belkin USB wireless network adaptor.

I have all 3 machines able to use the Broadband connection but have not
managed to share the printer or any files.

Can anyone help me out?

Right click on the drives\folders you want to share and select
sharing, then fill in the details. Broewse Network Neighborhood and
access each machine.
For the printers share them in the same manner and browse to them in
Network Neighborhood from the other machines, click on it and a
message will ask if you want to install the drivers then the print
queue will pop up.
That's about it really for a basic set up.
--

SJW
Old January 3rd 05, 08:52 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
chissers

I,m fairly new to wifi.

I've got a desktop set up with a wireless router & broadband. I've got a
notebook with Celeron processor and I've just added another desktop with a
Belkin USB wireless network adaptor.

I have all 3 machines able to use the Broadband connection but have not
managed to share the printer or any files.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Chissers

Message sent by Excite Newsgroups.