Linksys Wireless G Gaming Adapter

Old January 4th 05, 01:24 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Demon

Default Linksys Wireless G Gaming Adapter

Hi I am in need of some help getting this device to see and connect to my
existing Wireless network.

My set up is as follows

2 PCS -XP PRO EACH WITH WIRELESS CARDS (each can connect to the web
independently)
1 LINKSYS WIRELESS G ROUTER
1 LINKSYS WIRELESS G GAMING ADAPTER
1 NTL BROADBAND MODEM

I have followed the instructions and connected the adapter first to one of
the PCs and set up the pass word used to connect to my network, then
connect the adapter to the Xbox but it doesn't see the network.

I am a complete novice to networking so I am at a complete loss as what to
do next.

TIA

--
(.(*. .*).)
.. DEMON ..

Old January 4th 05, 01:39 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mikeFNB

you might find this site useful:

mike
http://www.networklab.co.uk/cmodem/xbox.html

Old January 5th 05, 01:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Demon

"Demon" wrote in message
Hi I am in need of some help getting this device to see and connect
to my existing Wireless network.

My set up is as follows

2 PCS -XP PRO EACH WITH WIRELESS CARDS (each can connect to the web
independently)
1 LINKSYS WIRELESS G ROUTER
1 LINKSYS WIRELESS G GAMING ADAPTER
1 NTL BROADBAND MODEM

I have followed the instructions and connected the adapter first to
one of the PCs and set up the pass word used to connect to my
network, then connect the adapter to the Xbox but it doesn't see
the network.

I am a complete novice to networking so I am at a complete loss as
what to do next.

TIA

--
(.(*. .*).)
.. DEMON ..
(.(.* *.).)

Right I have an update

Took down the wep and reset the adapter and I can connect, then reset the
adapter using the passkey and it canot find dns settings although I checked
they were the same as the settings with wep down.

It's as if the router is not letting the adapter connect when wep is
enabled, I also noted the adapters IP is 192.168.1.250 so I tried setting
this into the DMZ setting thinking if the router sees this trying to connect
it will allow it to do so but it still doesnt.

I have had this adapter for nearly a year and slung it in a cupboard because
I couldn't get it to work, looks like I might be doing it again

--
(.(*. .*).)
.. DEMON ..

Old January 8th 05, 11:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Demon

"Demon" wrote in message
[...]

Managed to get it working by changng the level of encryption up to the next
level :-) Why it worked I dont know but glad it did.

Thanks to those who took the time to help ;-)

--
.. DEMON ..