SAFECOM SAMR 4110

Old January 4th 05, 05:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bargains

Default SAFECOM SAMR 4110

Someone has justed posted this in another newsgroup.

It only has one port. Does anyone know if I plugged my existing 8 port
switch into this would I be able then to connect more than 1 PC.

In other words would this be my DHCP server???

*******************

1 Port Ethernet ADSL Modem/Router with built in Firewall. It has some
quite good reviews.

www.ebuyer.co.uk, quickfind code 048448,

19.56+VAT, but shipping is FREE. Total is 22.99.

Old January 4th 05, 05:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
PeeGee

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 17:02:13 GMT, "Bargains"
wrote:

Someone has justed posted this in another newsgroup.

It only has one port. Does anyone know if I plugged my existing 8 port
switch into this would I be able then to connect more than 1 PC.

In other words would this be my DHCP server???

*******************

1 Port Ethernet ADSL Modem/Router with built in Firewall. It has some
quite good reviews.

www.ebuyer.co.uk, quickfind code 048448,

19.56+VAT, but shipping is FREE. Total is 22.99.

I use that device; turn the firewall on and www.grc.com reports full
stealth mode. As the interface is a standard ethernet (ignore the USB
as only one or other can be used), it will run DHCP quite happily with
a switch attached (though you may need a crossover cable if it is not
autosensing). The default id to use 12 addresses from the router IP
address, but you can change that and the base address to what you
want.
PeeGee
--
The reply address is a spam trap. If you need to reply directly, put the UK where it should be - first.