TightVNC on an Origo Router - aaargh......

Old January 4th 05, 06:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve O

Default TightVNC on an Origo Router - aaargh......

Hi Group.

I've had an easy time setting up TightVNC on a Netgear Router that I
installed for a friend.
A doddle from start to finish. Just like it said on the tin.

However, now I have to do the same on an Origo Router, (An 8400 I think).
Different gravy I'm afraid.

It's got the same rather amateur looking admin interface as all of those
cheap and cheerful modems and routers out there, the Ebuyer 4 port one
appears identical for example.

Anyway, can someone give me exact details or a URL on how to configure these
routers to allow remote access with TightVNC? I believe I need to setup port
forwarding in the Firewall section but I can't get any settings to work.

I need to access one machine with a local IP of 10.0.0.8 and another at
10.0.0.12

Finally, am I right in thinking that TightVNC shouldn't have any problems
with a XP Firewall (it didn't on the one I got working)

Cheers
Steve

--
#Reply address#