Best choice 54mbps wireless or 108mbps ?

Old January 6th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
George Maxwell

Default Best choice 54mbps wireless or 108mbps ?

Hello Group

Here's my dilemma

3 desktop pc's. 2 downstairs, 1 upstairs

Going to wireless network. Going to go with Netgear (unless someone
recommends different)

Should I go for the cheaper option wireless Router/modem DG 834GUK
54mbps. Along with wireless 3x PCI cards WG311
159.36 PCworld on line

Or

Should I go with the Netgear wireless Router/modem DG834GT
108mbps Along with wireless 3 x PCI cards WG311T.
231.76 PCworld on line

Your thoughts and the merits of either would welcome.

Cheers

Joss
--
George Maxwell
Old January 7th 05, 01:33 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Stuart Turrell

You intend to transfer large files over the network often?

If not, you could save yourself 80 by sticking with the 54mbps.

I used 108mbps for a while (when my pc was a lot closer to my router), but i
often found speeds a lot lower than that, often 50mbps, but didnt really
worry me at all, as i could never get 1 pc to take items from another
anyways!

Stuart