D-Link DSL-G604T - cant see the internet

Old January 9th 05, 12:18 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bhup

Default D-Link DSL-G604T - cant see the internet

I have XP Home SP2 . I can see the ADSL modem router
and it says its connected.. ADSL light is up ( most of the time )
I have been stumped for 2 days.. I have tried the Pc on a Friends Linksys
Etherfast cable/ DSL router PC works on that
but not with D-Link DSL-G604T at my house

any suggestions ??

--
All outgoing emails are scanned with Norton Antivirus 2004

Old January 9th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Cheeky

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 00:18:13 GMT, "Bhup" wrote:

I have XP Home SP2 . I can see the ADSL modem router
and it says its connected.. ADSL light is up ( most of the time )
I have been stumped for 2 days.. I have tried the Pc on a Friends Linksys
Etherfast cable/ DSL router PC works on that
but not with D-Link DSL-G604T at my house

any suggestions ??

I have the same annoying problem. Log in to the router and go to tools
system commands and click on "restart" (note: you will lose all

unsaved settings) and that should solve the problem until it occurs
the next time

You might also want to have a peek at uk.telecom.broadband at a thread
I started called "Virgin ADSL settings" (http://tinyurl.com/4ek4v) to
try and get help to resolve this.

HTH
--

`,,,,`,,,,`,,,,`
Please reply to the group
Old January 10th 05, 06:26 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
spamfrog

Bhup wrote:
I have XP Home SP2 . I can see the ADSL modem router
and it says its connected.. ADSL light is up ( most of
the time ) I have been stumped for 2 days.. I have tried the Pc on a
Friends Linksys Etherfast cable/ DSL router PC works on
that but not with D-Link DSL-G604T at my house

any suggestions ??

What ISP are you with ?

--
Muzz
reply to uglyduck NOT spamfrog

Old January 14th 05, 07:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bhup

I have it sorted the Microsoft browser was corrupted
and the Dlink need the DNS setting up