Troubles with Netgear Print Server & Epson 400

Old January 10th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tim \(Remove NOSPAM.

Default Troubles with Netgear Print Server & Epson 400

Hi all

I have recently tried to persuade my ageing epson colour 400 to work
on-network via a netgear PS101.

The installation goes without a hitch and i have connectivity to the PS via
its web-based GUI and indeed i can make the printer print a test page from
here no problems.

However it doesnt respond at all when printing from anywhere else; there are
no errors and the print dialogue box pops up as per usual with the bar chart
progressing down to zero as the output is sent to the printer. (network
lights etc flash on the switch when this is happening)

The printer does nothing, just sits there online as if its not getting
anything to print.

Opening the "my printers" details box and hitting "print test page" also
results in nothing.

I am wondering if there is an issue with this printer and PS or something??

Perhaps there is something simple i am missing?

TIA
Tim..
( i've tried different IP addresses for the PS and also reseting both
printer and PS to no avail)

Old January 11th 05, 05:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
PeeGee

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:55:48 +0000 (UTC), " Tim \(Remove NOSPAM."
wrote:

[...]

Cannot see a basic problem, but more network detail might help.

However, how did you print before - via a share? this should work

Have you installed the drivers etc on all systems to print directly to
the PS101?

Can you see the PS101 from a browser on all the systems?

Incidentally, I have found the PS110 to be far more reliable than a
Jetdirect 500x, so I do not expect the PS101 to be the problem.
PeeGee
--
The reply address is a spam trap. If you need to reply directly, put the UK where it should be - first.