Network problems with D-Link G604T

Old January 11th 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andy

Default Network problems with D-Link G604T

Hi all,
I had a very simple internet connection sharing thing happening with two
computers and a patch lead. All worked lovley, both computers got on the
net together and could share each others resources. I decided to buy a
Laptop with a wireless card and got myself a D-Link wireless router with
built in ADSL modem. All three computers can now acces the Internet (the
two originals and the lappy) however none of them can acess each others
resources, and they dont see each other in the My network Places - place.
Ive read the router manual and googled for ages and really am ready to
launch the lot right out the window!

I have set up the 3 computers with static IP's within the router and have
tried acessing each other with the firewall both on and off.
All 3 computers can ping each other fine BTW.
Anyone got any siggestions, as its probably something stupid.
Many TIA's
Andy

Old January 11th 05, 08:40 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
bad_skipper

"Andy" wrote in message
[...]

Hi !
System: default
http://www.usbfireinfo.com/windowsne...s/wxpsimsh.htm

--
---

Old January 11th 05, 11:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andy

"bad_skipper" wrote in message

"Andy" wrote in message
[...]

Hi,
Thanks for that. Im using WIndows XP Home, and although I have absolutley
NO idea why but it now works. The computers can see each other and can
share file. Aint tried the printers yet They still arent showing up in
each other Network places area (Only the local computer shows up in its own
network Places folder) however by typing the reomte machines IP into the
address bar with \\ before it and \ after it, I get that machines shared
files and folders.

Dont have a clue whats going on, but it all works now.

Cheers,
Andy

Old January 12th 05, 04:44 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
bad_skipper

"Andy" wrote in message
[...]

Hi,
Thanks for that. Im using WIndows XP Home, and although I have absolutley
NO idea why but it now works. The computers can see each other and can
share file. Aint tried the printers yet They still arent showing up

in
each other Network places area (Only the local computer shows up in its

own
network Places folder) however by typing the reomte machines IP into the
address bar with \\ before it and \ after it, I get that machines shared
files and folders.

Dont have a clue whats going on, but it all works now.

Viewer seeking it by NetBIOS-name-to-IP-address and mappings to the LMHOSTS
file...
It can make automatically by 'ShareExplorer' and stored as shortcuts.
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art.../wxplanus.html

--
---

Old January 17th 05, 01:03 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andy

"bad_skipper" wrote in message

"Andy" wrote in message
[...]

[...]