Help connecting wireless router with wired adsl router dsl-504

Old January 12th 05, 03:36 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Robin

Default Help connecting wireless router with wired adsl router dsl-504

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a few small problems
I am encountering.

I currently have a Dlink DSL-504 adsl router (built in modem) connected to
an Adaptec ultra wireless access point, my problem is that although the
internet is working fine I cannot seem to get it to forward the ports
properly which I need to do to run my webserver.

At the moment I have a normal port on the Dlink connected to the WAN of the
AP. I have DHCP and NAT enabled on Dlink and I have DHCP enabled on AP.
The AP ip has been set to DMZ to allow all the ports to pass and I have then
forwarded every port in the AP configuration to the ip for the server, but
it won't work.

I was wondering is it possible to configure the Dlink to act soley as a
modem, getting it to pass the external ip to the AP and then let it do all
NAT and port forwarding, have been at this for a couple of days now and
every configuration I try seems to be wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old January 12th 05, 03:49 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Robin

I'm an idiot, after days of messing about I manage to get the answer 5 mins
after I post this.

I need to use a crossover cable and forget about the WAN port, then I can
use the wireless router as an access point and let the ADSL router as the
DHCP server.

Thanks anyway