email distribution

Old January 12th 05, 08:34 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
kingdomk

Default email distribution

Hi,

Trying to help a friend who has a 1server / 7workstation wireless
network all running XP Pro. The server is used as a file store only.
They also have a broadband connection and their own domain name.
At the moment all the emails arrive to .

They would now like everyone to have their own email address, e.g.
or and distribute Tom's or Jack's
incoming emails to Tom or Jack's workstation but they don't want to
install MS SBS or Exchange server.

Has anyone any idea how this can be done? I seem to remember seeing
some software that effectively forwards mail from a local server to
workstations without having to setup an internal domain but I can't
remember what it's called!

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Ted

Old January 12th 05, 08:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:34:45 +0000, kingdomk strung
together this:

Any help gratefully received.

Easiest way is to set up individual mail accounts on the domain and
have each machines Outlook\Outlook Express configured accordingly to
access their own account. Works on all the small sites I've got.

The other option is to run a local 3rd party mail server on the server
machine and have the clients access that.
--

SJW
Old January 12th 05, 11:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Clint Sharp

In message , kingdomk
writes
Hi,
They would now like everyone to have their own email address, e.g.
or and distribute Tom's or Jack's
incoming emails to Tom or Jack's workstation but they don't want to
install MS SBS or Exchange server.

Has anyone any idea how this can be done? I seem to remember seeing
some software that effectively forwards mail from a local server to
workstations without having to setup an internal domain but I can't
remember what it's called!

Loads out there, but I use Mercury/32
http://www.pmail.com

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Ted

Piece of cake to configure, can be set up to filter virus laden mail
out, spam filter etc....
--
Clint Sharp
Old January 13th 05, 11:51 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ernest Bilko

Lansuite 602 will do the bad news is it free for 5 users but 7 wil cost
big bucks.