Linksys router(single port) and one PC!!

Old January 14th 05, 08:27 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Nero

Default Linksys router(single port) and one PC!!

Have a Linksys ADSL2MUE modem and a Linksys BEFSR11 v2 router connected to
my only pc.
Can connect and send/get email and do the usual internet things but people
who need to connect to me via VOIP/messenger/netmeeting or anything that
uses my IP address to connect to me cannot.
The modem assigns private ip addresses, no prob, that is passed on to the
router and on to the pc.
I have set the router to DMZ mode, set my pc lan to static IP, both have the
same ip address but still no one can call/connect to me.
Anyone know why that should be?
The router can be set to upnp but most of the programs used to call
me/connect to me are not upnp.

Old January 14th 05, 09:59 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri, 14 Jan
2005 08:27:10 -0000, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Nero" fornis do
marikano es bono tan el:

Have a Linksys ADSL2MUE modem and a Linksys BEFSR11 v2 router connected to
my only pc.
Can connect and send/get email and do the usual internet things but people
who need to connect to me via VOIP/messenger/netmeeting or anything that
uses my IP address to connect to me cannot.
The modem assigns private ip addresses, no prob, that is passed on to the
router and on to the pc.
I have set the router to DMZ mode, set my pc lan to static IP, both have the
same ip address but still no one can call/connect to me.
Anyone know why that should be?
The router can be set to upnp but most of the programs used to call
me/connect to me are not upnp.

Do you have a firewall on your PC? Is the firewall on the router turned on?
Has your ISP blocked the required ports?

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk AC: deKay in Sponge
|- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk Gamertag: deKay 01
Old January 14th 05, 10:15 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Nero

firewalls off
no isp blocking