Homechoice and wireless netowrk

Old January 14th 05, 11:01 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jules P

Default Homechoice and wireless netowrk

Hi there,

I am having a bit of a problem. I had Homechoice installed, and I want
to share its internet connection to 3 computers using a wireless
connection.

Now, I had a wireless router with built in modem, so rather then
spending more money than I need to, i thought I'd use it.

However, the homechoice set top box has an integrated modem, so I only
really need the router function of my box.

Correct me if I am wrong. I can plug the ethernet output of the
homechoice box into the wired connection of my router, and connect the
other pcs through wireless. That way, I create a lan with 4 nodes (3
pc+homechoice box), where one of the nodes (homechoice) has the
internet connection.

So far so good?

But why doesn't it work? I'm getting a bit frustrated. Is there
something I'm missing?

People have been telling me that having two modems conflict, but
surely if one isn't used it won't affect the other?

Can anyone shed any light?

Thank you!