Draytek 2600G: Anyone got USB printer to work via Imac?

Old January 15th 05, 04:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.sys.mac
Andrew Hodgson

Default Draytek 2600G: Anyone got USB printer to work via Imac?

Hi,

I have some friends with an Imac and they can't get the printer
connected through the USB port of the Vigor 2600G. As I no nothing
about the Mac (OSX OS), can someone give me a pointer/instructions on
what to do?

Thanks,
Andrew.
My Email: use andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org.
Old January 15th 05, 05:45 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.sys.mac
Jon B

Andrew Hodgson wrote:

Hi,

I have some friends with an Imac and they can't get the printer
connected through the USB port of the Vigor 2600G. As I no nothing
about the Mac (OSX OS), can someone give me a pointer/instructions on
what to do?

If you haven't got it running/answers within a couple of days I finally
go live with the same setup in a few days so I'll be able to find out
how to sort it, I suspect it will be either via IP printing to the
routers address, or via windows printing on os10.3, probably using gimp
drivers.
--
Jon B
real email to usenet at jonbradbury dot com
Old January 15th 05, 05:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.sys.mac
Bonge Boo!

On 15/1/05 5:45 pm, in article
, "Jon B"
wrote:

I have some friends with an Imac and they can't get the printer
connected through the USB port of the Vigor 2600G. As I no nothing
about the Mac (OSX OS), can someone give me a pointer/instructions on
what to do?

If you haven't got it running/answers within a couple of days I finally
go live with the same setup in a few days so I'll be able to find out
how to sort it, I suspect it will be either via IP printing to the
routers address, or via windows printing on os10.3, probably using gimp
drivers.

The print server in my router needs to go via IP printing. Crap print
options available though.

Old January 16th 05, 12:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.sys.mac
Jon B

Andrew Hodgson wrote:

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:45:13 +0000, (Jon B)
wrote:

Andrew Hodgson wrote:

Hi,

I have some friends with an Imac and they can't get the printer
connected through the USB port of the Vigor 2600G. As I no nothing
about the Mac (OSX OS), can someone give me a pointer/instructions on
what to do?

If you haven't got it running/answers within a couple of days I finally
go live with the same setup in a few days so I'll be able to find out
how to sort it, I suspect it will be either via IP printing to the
routers address, or via windows printing on os10.3, probably using gimp
drivers.

Its done via IP printing - the thing is I don't know the setup and it
looks like I will be going there next weekend so if you can give any
details before I get there that would be great. The printer port is
always accessible on the LAN side, you just tell the OS the IP/Port
and give it drivers.

OK the IPs probably 192.168.1.1 [1] which is iirc the default IP on the
vigors, if it is a printer with a networked model, such as most of the
lasers the standard drivers ought to work, but if it is a HP deskjet for
eg, then I think you'll need the gimp drivers that come with 10.3 and
higher

[1] You can check by going System Preferences/Network/choose correct
connection method ethernet or airport/TCP-IP and it will tell you the
router IP there
Old January 16th 05, 06:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.sys.mac
Michael Salem

I presume you know that there is an FAQ on USB printing on the Draytek
web site.
Old January 16th 05, 07:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.sys.mac
Jon B

Michael Salem wrote:
a MicroPlanet Gravity user also BLOODY SNIPPED ALL THE BLOODY CONTEXT

I presume you know that there is an FAQ on USB printing on the Draytek
web site.

I didn't, I always send messing with settings until you find the way to
do it is more satisfying
Old January 20th 05, 06:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.sys.mac
Andrew Hodgson

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:41:30 -0000, Michael Salem
wrote:

I presume you know that there is an FAQ on USB printing on the Draytek
web site.

For PC use only - I know absolutely nothing about OSX - I wouldn't
even know how to start. What I would like is an iddiots guide to this
with instructions I can pass onto the relevant party if possible.

Regards,
Old January 20th 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.sys.mac
D.M. Procida

Dave Mason wrote:

For PC use only - I know absolutely nothing about OSX - I wouldn't
even know how to start. What I would like is an iddiots guide to this
with instructions I can pass onto the relevant party if possible.

Try google ****wit. I found loads of stuff easily.

That's rubbish. I've just Googled myself for "****wit", and not one
single search result had anything to do with USB printing from this
Draytek device. So who looks stoopid now, eh?

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre
Old January 21st 05, 07:55 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.sys.mac
David Kennedy

Dave Mason wrote:

wrote:

I presume you know that there is an FAQ on USB printing on the Draytek
web site.

For PC use only - I know absolutely nothing about OSX - I wouldn't
even know how to start. What I would like is an iddiots guide to this
with instructions I can pass onto the relevant party if possible.

Try google ****wit. I found loads of stuff easily.

****

Thanks for that erudite contribution. I found it very enlightening.

--
David Kennedy

http://www.anindianinexile.com