IEEE 1394 peer to peer network problem

Old January 15th 05, 09:42 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mark Dootson

Default IEEE 1394 peer to peer network problem

Hi
I have a desktop PC and a laptop connected to each other via a firewire
cable, my PC is connected to the internet via ADSL, both computers talk to
each other OK and my laptop can see the ADSL connection in "network
connections" however I can't get Internet Explorer or Outlook Express to
connect to it.

Can anyone suggest a way of doing this, I have followed MS help to the
letter regarding Internet Connection Sharing and it I dont seem to be
getting anywhere.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Regards
Mark

Old January 15th 05, 11:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
bad_skipper

"Mark Dootson" newsgroup @ stewarton.org wrote in message
Hi
I have a desktop PC and a laptop connected to each other via a firewire
cable, my PC is connected to the internet via ADSL, both computers talk to
each other OK and my laptop can see the ADSL connection in "network
connections" however I can't get Internet Explorer or Outlook Express to
connect to it.

Can anyone suggest a way of doing this, I have followed MS help to the
letter regarding Internet Connection Sharing and it I dont seem to be
getting anywhere.

Thanks to anyone who can help

us third software like wingate or winproxy...

--
---