Belkin wireless network prob

Old January 18th 05, 11:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Clarke

Default Belkin wireless network prob

Hi,

I've just bought a Belkin F5D6762 ADSL modem/router and 3 F5D7000 PCI cards
to network 3 desktop PC's. The system is working but I can only ever
connect 2 of the 3 PC's via wireless for any length of time. The third PC
always has to be connected via cable or else at least one, and sometimes
two, of the PC's will lose the wireless connection. I can temporarily get
all three connected again (sometimes) by changing the wireless channel but
none of the 13 available channels works all the time for all PC's.
Even if this does get all 3 working again it's only a matter of time before
one drops out. The problem first started (I think) when I enabled WPA-PSK
encryption though I've since reset the router and tried no encryption and
I'm still having the same problem.

It's not a problem at the moment to have one PC permanently connected via
cable though it would be nice to have an all wireless network so I can hide
the router in a corner somewhere! Distance from router to PC's is no more
than 3 metres, by the way. No other devices on similar frequency in the
house though one PC can detect an 801.11b network weakly.

If anyone feels like ringing the Belkin "tech support"..don't bother!
You'll be told "all our technicians are busy" then you'll be cut off! The
worst tech support I've ever come across!

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers,
John.

Old January 23rd 05, 01:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:28:49 +0000 (UTC), "John Clarke"
wrote:

F5D6762

that correct ? the only other hit on that number is the same message
from you posted elsewhere ?

F5D7630UK4A
F5D7633UK4A

seem to fit the description...

does the DHCP server setup page limit the number of clients at all ?
I have a non-ADSL modem version that carries two desktops and two
laptops happily.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !