Networking Macs and pcs - Virtual PC required?

Old January 20th 05, 10:21 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Spamfree!

Default Networking Macs and pcs - Virtual PC required?

Hia.

I need to set up a network to transfer files between a G4 Mac and two pcs,
one running XP Pro, the other running 98.

The files are images; once transferred, I then open them with whatever
software is on the receiving computer. (So I don't need to use the G4 to
access software on the pcs, or vice versa; all I need to do is be able to
transfer the files).

I've been told that I need Virtual PC installed on the G4. I've discovered
that you can buy Virtual PC without an operating system, or with any
particular operating system.

My question: do I really need Virtual PC on the G4 to 'see' the pc drives
(just to transfer files)?

And if I do need Virtual PC, do I also need to install (both?) pc operating
systems on the G4?

Wow, that was easier to type than I anticipated; bet I've omitted lots of
really crucial stuff!

Thanks and regards.

Old January 20th 05, 11:27 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Spamfree!

required machines on a network share some folders...

Sorry, I don't understand this line of text.

It's even easier with MacOS X on your G4s - what version do you have?

OS X...

Old January 20th 05, 12:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 20 Jan
2005 11:27:18 -0000, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Spamfree!"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

required machines on a network share some folders...

Sorry, I don't understand this line of text.

There should have been a comma after "network". You need to activate File and
Folder sharing on your Windows PCs. You should also be able to share files
from the Macs, but I don't know exactly how to achieve this.

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
|- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk