DSL router mirc problem

Old January 22nd 05, 03:36 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Adrian Chorlton

Default DSL router mirc problem

I have recently installed an actiontec gt701-wg router and now cannot access
mirc. I always get connection timeouts and failures to connect. I have put
in port forwarding for 113, 2070-2075 and 6660-6670. They are forwarded to
my local ip address. It still won't work. Can anyone help please??

Thanks in advance!!

Old January 23rd 05, 08:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ashok S.

Here are the ports for mirc.
mIRC DCC - IRC DCC 1024-5000 tcp

mIRC Chat 6660-6669 tcp

mIRC IDENT 113 udp

Hope this helps.
Ashok S.

"Adrian Chorlton" соощил/соощила
в новостях следующее:

Old January 23rd 05, 10:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alex Fraser

"Ashok S." wrote in message
Here are the ports for mirc.
mIRC DCC - IRC DCC 1024-5000 tcp

The ports used for DCC are configurable within mIRC. It's a good idea to
forward a small range of ports using numbers above 5000. Also make sure
Lookup method (mIRC Options - Connect - Local Info) is set to Server.

mIRC Chat 6660-6669 tcp

This is the typical range of ports for connections to an IRC server, and do
not need to be forwarded on a router (unless you are running an IRC server).

mIRC IDENT 113 udp

IDENT is on port 113, but uses TCP only, not UDP. If only one machine
connects to IRC, then you can forward it to that machine. An alternative is
to make sure that the router actively rejects (rather than drops)
connections to port 113. Connection requests to port 113 being dropped are a
common cause of slow connection times to IRC servers. It's usually obvious
from what appears in the Status window within mIRC if this is happening.

Alex

Old January 23rd 05, 10:45 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alex Fraser

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article , , a.k.a Ashok
S. says...

begin 666 spacer.gif

what is this?

Satan's handiwork.

Probably, "Ashok S." copied from a web page (selection including a blank
"spacer" GIF) and pasted into Outlook Express.

Alex