AD - Phone support for PC hard & software

Old January 24th 05, 02:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.os.linux
Mike Yates

Default AD - Phone support for PC hard & software

http://Fonehelp.co.uk
Help and advice on Personal Computers, running Linux or Windows,
with hardware or software problems.
Phone support is responsive to your needs and best for rapid interaction.
Leave your problem and your phone number on the website form or
0870-744-6748 and WE CALL YOU at a convenient time.
It costs 20 per hour (10 per day minimum), cheaper than any 0960
premium-rate service, invoiced on completion.
--
Have fun,
Mike
Old January 24th 05, 02:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.os.linux
Johannes H Andersen

Mike Yates wrote:

http://Fonehelp.co.uk
Help and advice on Personal Computers, running Linux or Windows,
with hardware or software problems.
Phone support is responsive to your needs and best for rapid interaction.
Leave your problem and your phone number on the website form or
0555-555-5555 and WE CALL YOU at a convenient time.
It costs 20 per hour (10 per day minimum), cheaper than any 0960
premium-rate service, invoiced on completion.
--
Have fun,
Mike
--
http://fonehelp.co.uk - PC support, no fix, no fee!

Another dim wit spammer.
Old January 24th 05, 03:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.os.linux
Ian Molton

Johannes H Andersen wrote:

http://fonehelp.co.uk - PC support, no fix, no fee!

Another dim wit spammer.

....who was subsequently quoted by (yet) an(other) dimwit.

Thanks mate, I missed it first time round. If you hadnt copied it I
might never have known.
Old January 24th 05, 03:16 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.os.linux
Mike Yates

Rob Morley wrote:

The charters of uk.comp.home-networking and uk.comp.homebuilt forbid
advertising.

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.comp.home-networking.html
http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.comp.homebuilt.html

Profuse apologies!

I had only checked the charter for uk.comp.training which, as posted to
the group by on 23/01/2005 00:58 states:-

Advertising
Short advertisement for trainers or or items of interest to
trainers are welcome provided that they are aimed at UK trainers
and UK training.

Advertisements must be less than 15 lines of text (including the
.sig block) and must not be posted more than once every month.
Ads must also be identified by the characters 'AD' appearing at
the start of the subject line. Other appropriate, and short, ads
are also welcome but these should be short and infrequently
posted.

Should more information need to be conveyed in any ad posted in
uk.comp.training, the ad should contain URLs to this nformation.

ALL long or frequently posted adverts are unwelcome in this
newsgroup.

[proposed by Thomas Lee on 22/02/96 to uk.net.news.config,
uk.net.news.announce, uk.comp.training]

while the webpage
http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.comp.training.html
modified 20 October 2000 11:23:00 states:-

Advertising
No.

So, I wonder where the Demon bot keeps its version.

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.comp.os.linux.html states:-

Advertising
Short (20 lines) announcements of events and advertising from manufacturers and resellers of Linux-related products (e.g. distributions) in the UK are permitted. Advertising aimed at a non-UK-specific audience is not permitted.

The charters of uk.comp.homebuilt and uk.comp.home-networking were last
posted on 19/08/04 (as per the webpages) and I should have done that
search this morning - Sorry!

Hope this will help to clear up the situation for others.

--
Have fun,
Mike
Old January 24th 05, 03:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.os.linux
Johannes H Andersen

Ian Molton wrote:

Johannes H Andersen wrote:

http://fonehelp.co.uk - PC support, no fix, no fee!

Another dim wit spammer.

...who was subsequently quoted by (yet) an(other) dimwit.

Thanks mate, I missed it first time round. If you hadnt copied it I
might never have known.

Sorry m8. I knew, but once you hit send it's too late.
Old January 24th 05, 03:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.os.linux
Mjolinor

"Ian Molton" wrote in message
Johannes H Andersen wrote:

http://fonehelp.co.uk - PC support, no fix, no fee!

Another dim wit spammer.

...who was subsequently quoted by (yet) an(other) dimwit.

Thanks mate, I missed it first time round. If you hadnt copied it I
might never have known.

Looks like a good idea to me, small post, no nasty attachements and ignore
it if you want. It's just soemone trying to make a living.

Old January 24th 05, 03:45 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.os.linux
Johannes H Andersen

Mjolinor wrote:

"Ian Molton" wrote in message
Johannes H Andersen wrote:

http://fonehelp.co.uk - PC support, no fix, no fee!

Another dim wit spammer.

...who was subsequently quoted by (yet) an(other) dimwit.

Thanks mate, I missed it first time round. If you hadnt copied it I
might never have known.

Looks like a good idea to me, small post, no nasty attachements and ignore
it if you want. It's just soemone trying to make a living.

We're all trying to make a living. There are groups for discussions and there
are groups for advertising. If advertising was allowed in uk.comp.homebuild
then the quality of the advice would go down. Flaunting the rules does not
give the company a good impression.
Old January 24th 05, 03:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.os.linux
Odie Ferrous

Johannes H Andersen wrote:

Mike Yates wrote:

http://Fonehelp.co.uk
Help and advice on Personal Computers, running Linux or Windows,
with hardware or software problems.
Phone support is responsive to your needs and best for rapid interaction.
Leave your problem and your phone number on the website form or
0555-555-5555 and WE CALL YOU at a convenient time.
It costs 20 per hour (10 per day minimum), cheaper than any 0960
premium-rate service, invoiced on completion.
--
Have fun,
Mike
--
http://fonehelp.co.uk - PC support, no fix, no fee!

Another dim wit spammer.

Why dim wit? Plenty of people need that sort of thing.

What's wrong with it?

Granted, it may not be an appropriate newsgroup to market the idea, but
otherwise, good for him.

I hope he gets plenty of business.

Odie
--

RetroData
Data Recovery Experts
Old January 24th 05, 04:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.os.linux
Keith Matthews

Mike Yates wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:

The charters of uk.comp.home-networking and uk.comp.homebuilt forbid
advertising.

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.comp.home-networking.html
http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.comp.homebuilt.html

Profuse apologies!

I had only checked the charter for uk.comp.training which, as posted to
the group by on 23/01/2005 00:58 states:-

Which exposes you as someone who does not check properly - not a person I'd
trust serious technical questions to.