Block Internet Sharing in Lan

Old January 25th 05, 09:54 AM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,microsoft.public.win98.networking,uk.comp.home-networking
WebWalker

Default Block Internet Sharing in Lan

Please forget me for this very novice question.

How to block few computers from accessing Internet under the following
2 situations :-
1) Router
2) ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

TIA

--
WebWalker
Old January 25th 05, 05:11 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,microsoft.public.win98.networking,uk.comp.home-networking
daytripper

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:54:35 +0800, WebWalker
wrote:

Please forget me for this very novice question.

How to block few computers from accessing Internet under the following
2 situations :-
1) Router

Most routers provide some sort of MAC filtering for WAN access.

2) ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

Dunno, never use it. If ICS doesn't provide some sort of filtering, perhaps
you can use ICF to block undesirables?

/daytripper
Old January 25th 05, 06:04 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,microsoft.public.win98.networking,uk.comp.home-networking
Haggis

"WebWalker" wrote in message
Please forget me for this very novice question.

How to block few computers from accessing Internet under the following
2 situations :-
1) Router
2) ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

TIA

--
WebWalker

router ...filter by IP address

ICS ...turn it off=no internet

Old January 25th 05, 09:14 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,microsoft.public.win98.networking,uk.comp.home-networking
Steve Winograd [MVP]

In article , WebWalker
wrote:
Please forget me for this very novice question.

How to block few computers from accessing Internet under the following
2 situations :-
1) Router
2) ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

TIA

Assign the TCP/IP properties manually to those computers. Give them
an IP address and subnet mask so that they can access other computers
on the LAN. Don't give them a default gateway or DNS server address.

ICS uses 192.168.0.x/255.255.255.0. Home broadband routers typically
use 192.168.0.x, 192.168.1.x, 192.168.2.x, etc.
--
Best Wishes,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Windows Networking
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ