Source of microfilters?

Old January 26th 05, 01:42 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tim \(Remove NOSPAM.

Default Source of microfilters?

As above, want about half a dozen or so.

TIA

Tim..

Old January 26th 05, 02:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:42:11 +0000 (UTC), " Tim \(Remove NOSPAM."
wrote:

As above, want about half a dozen or so.

geez, get a faceplate filter from clarity.it or adslnation and run an
unfiltered extension to the PC from that, leaving everything else
filtered by the one gizmo.

http://www.adslnation.co.uk/
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old January 26th 05, 04:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

" Tim (Remove NOSPAM." wrote in message
As above, want about half a dozen or so.

TIA

Tim..

Try Ebuyer.com - they are usually very cheap.

Old January 26th 05, 05:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tim \(Remove NOSPAM.

wrote:

As above, want about half a dozen or so.

geez, get a faceplate filter from clarity.it or adslnation and run an
unfiltered extension to the PC from that, leaving everything else
filtered by the one gizmo.

http://www.adslnation.co.uk/
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm

Many thanks for the Clarity link- having read though the site it appears
that they are indeed professional dogs danglies when it comes to ADSL. I
shall be doing some business with them pretty soon.

Tim..

Old January 26th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Peter Crosland

They may be cheap but they are rubbish!

Old January 27th 05, 09:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
They may be cheap but they are rubbish!

Why rubbish? Rubbish goods? I've not had any bad goods from them.

Old January 27th 05, 10:47 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:46:32 -0000, wrote:

Why rubbish? Rubbish goods? I've not had any bad goods from them.

there are some rubbish microfilters around. If its a T shaped thing
for less than a fiver it ain't very good. May cause problems on longer
lines or with DECT phones, sky boxes etc.

Phil
Old January 27th 05, 01:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:46:32 -0000, wrote:

Why rubbish? Rubbish goods? I've not had any bad goods from them.

there are some rubbish microfilters around. If its a T shaped thing
for less than a fiver it ain't very good. May cause problems on longer
lines or with DECT phones, sky boxes etc.

Phil

I see.

I live at the edge of the possible distance, have dect phones on all sockets
and have the 'T' type.

No problems at all. Got all my filters from ebuyer. Maybe I was just lucky,
but that would be against the run of play to be frank.

Old January 27th 05, 02:16 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:38:50 -0000, wrote:

I live at the edge of the possible distance, have dect phones on all sockets
and have the 'T' type.

No problems at all.

good for you. Had you been less fortunate and had one of the (few)
DECT systems that sometimes mess up ADSL, or a sky box etc or a worse
SNR on the line then you may have lived to regret it.

Phil
Old January 27th 05, 04:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Peter Crosland

The small "T" shaped ones are almost invariably poor quality and built down
to a price. Take a look at http://www.adslnation.com/support/filters.php to
see why!

Peter Crosland