connecting 2 cat5 cables

Old January 27th 05, 10:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rodders

Default connecting 2 cat5 cables

Hi I have a cat5 cable connected to the my computer for networking purposes.
The computer has been moved for a short period of time and the existing
cable is too short. I want to buy a new cat5 cable and connect it to the
existing one to reach the new position of my computer. How do I connect the
two cables together?

Thanks

Rory

Old January 27th 05, 10:46 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
recursor

"Rodders" wrote in message
Hi I have a cat5 cable connected to the my computer for networking purposes.
The computer has been moved for a short period of time and the existing
cable is too short. I want to buy a new cat5 cable and connect it to the
existing one to reach the new position of my computer. How do I connect the
two cables together?

Thanks

PcWorld would be pleased to sell you a coupler for not very much money.

Old January 28th 05, 05:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
recursor

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article , "recursor"
says...

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article , "recursor"
says...

"Rodders" wrote in message
Hi I have a cat5 cable connected to the my computer for networking
purposes.
The computer has been moved for a short period of time and the existing
cable is too short. I want to buy a new cat5 cable and connect it to the
existing one to reach the new position of my computer. How do I connect
the
two cables together?

Thanks

PcWorld would be pleased to sell you a coupler for not very much money.

I expect they'd rather sell it for a ridiculous amount of money, but
as they don't list it on their website it's hard to tell.

http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/invt/cat5coupler 2.67 vat included !!,
over priced of course, the last company I worked for got them in bulk for
20p
but that hardly matters to the OP as he only needs one.

Okay, I searched on the main site, assuming that covered the
component centre as well - obviously not. :-(

The component centre seems to be run by people who actually know a bit about IT.
Kind of hard to believe I know :-)

Old January 28th 05, 09:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rodders

"Rodders" wrote in message
Hi I have a cat5 cable connected to the my computer for networking

purposes.
The computer has been moved for a short period of time and the existing
cable is too short. I want to buy a new cat5 cable and connect it to the
existing one to reach the new position of my computer. How do I connect

the
two cables together?

Thanks

Rory

Thanks for the replies, got what I was needing from Ebay.#

Rory

Old January 29th 05, 10:00 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article , "recursor"
says...
snip
The component centre seems to be run by people who actually know a bit about IT.
Kind of hard to believe I know :-)

Did PCW take over an existing operation or start from scratch?