Windows XP Comms Folder?

Old February 3rd 05, 09:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Christo

Default Windows XP Comms Folder?

OK

was on the phone to BT (british telecom) tonight because my adsl wont cnnect
through their voyager 105 series USB ADSL Modem.

The problem i am having is that no matter what whenever i try to dial BT
Broadband connection i get a message

Error720: a connection to the remote computer could not be established

anyhow the people at BT told me to contact the prople at Micro$oft because
there was something wrong with my "COMMUNICATIONS FOLDER" thats a quite mind

so i ring microsoft, listen really carefully to hear the irish women tell me
i should call back tomorrow bfore 6pm because its only a barebone staff
after 6pm

So i figured i would try my luck on usenet

can anyone tell me what this communications folder is? and if they can,
could they tell me how to correct it so that i can logon to my broadband
again

I am at uni at the min and really rely on the internet to access course
material, just started new modules and really really need the net

I managed to hook the modem up to my laptop and get online with it but no
luck on my desktop PC

anyone please if you can help me in anyway i would be very pleased

Thanks (in advance)

Chris