Two access points and computer fails to boot?

Old February 4th 05, 11:33 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tony

Default Two access points and computer fails to boot?

I wonder if anyone can help me with this one, I really am at a loss as to
why this is happening...

I have a DG834G MKII ADSL Wireless/Modem/Router which is working fine, but
due to a requirement to incraese wireless coverage, I have added another
wireless access point onto the LAN, (DLink DWL-900AP+).

Problem is, when I boot up my main PC (which is connected to the LAN via
wireless, to the DG834G) the system resets, just before the system boots to
the windows XP welcome screen.

Whats going on? I have used multiple access points before, with no such
problems. Any ideas why this one PC is objecting to two APs?

Tony

Old February 5th 05, 10:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andrew Hodgson

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:33:59 -0000, "Tony"
wrote:

I wonder if anyone can help me with this one, I really am at a loss as to
why this is happening...

I have a DG834G MKII ADSL Wireless/Modem/Router which is working fine, but
due to a requirement to incraese wireless coverage, I have added another
wireless access point onto the LAN, (DLink DWL-900AP+).

Problem is, when I boot up my main PC (which is connected to the LAN via
wireless, to the DG834G) the system resets, just before the system boots to
the windows XP welcome screen.

Whats going on? I have used multiple access points before, with no such
problems. Any ideas why this one PC is objecting to two APs?

I take it the drivers have been updated on Windows XP? If you turn
the other AP off, does it work?

Thanks.
Andrew.
My Email: use andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org.
Old February 6th 05, 12:09 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tony

wrote:

I wonder if anyone can help me with this one, I really am at a loss as to
why this is happening...

I have a DG834G MKII ADSL Wireless/Modem/Router which is working fine, but
due to a requirement to incraese wireless coverage, I have added another
wireless access point onto the LAN, (DLink DWL-900AP+).

Problem is, when I boot up my main PC (which is connected to the LAN via
wireless, to the DG834G) the system resets, just before the system boots
the windows XP welcome screen.

Whats going on? I have used multiple access points before, with no such
problems. Any ideas why this one PC is objecting to two APs?

I take it the drivers have been updated on Windows XP? If you turn
the other AP off, does it work?

If I turn off the DLink DWL900AP+ then the system will boot just fine. Can
you think of anything at all that might make a PC stop booting in this
situation? A friend of mine thought it was to do with both AP's having DHCP
enabled, but I turned off the DHCP option on the DLink and still the same
problem. Its a first for me with this problem.... I have run two AP's
before, but not alongside this particular PC. Any ideas anyone?

Why would a PC object to having two access points both in range??

Tony

Old February 6th 05, 12:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sun, 6 Feb
2005 00:09:59 -0000, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Tony"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

If I turn off the DLink DWL900AP+ then the system will boot just fine. Can
you think of anything at all that might make a PC stop booting in this
situation? A friend of mine thought it was to do with both AP's having DHCP
enabled, but I turned off the DHCP option on the DLink and still the same
problem. Its a first for me with this problem.... I have run two AP's
before, but not alongside this particular PC. Any ideas anyone?

Why would a PC object to having two access points both in range??

Do both APs have the same IP address?

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]