password popup winxp-winxp local connection?

Old February 4th 05, 09:19 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chris

Default password popup winxp-winxp local connection?

When I try to access my new laptops shared docs folder I get a standard
windows password popup box why?
When I enter the passwords for the users on the laptop I get rejected.
When I connect from the laptop to the desktop I do not get this problem.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Chris

Old February 4th 05, 10:50 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ian

"Chris" wrote in message
When I try to access my new laptops shared docs folder I get a standard
windows password popup box why?
When I enter the passwords for the users on the laptop I get rejected.
When I connect from the laptop to the desktop I do not get this problem.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Chris

maybe you need to setup an account on the laptop.

Old February 5th 05, 11:13 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chris

Thanks Ian,
I was feeling stupid I checked that file sharing was installed but forgot to
check that the folder was shared.
Windows does not share the shared docs folder on the network by default.

Old February 5th 05, 10:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andrew Hodgson

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 21:19:29 GMT, "Chris"
wrote:

When I try to access my new laptops shared docs folder I get a standard
windows password popup box why?
When I enter the passwords for the users on the laptop I get rejected.
When I connect from the laptop to the desktop I do not get this problem.

Any suggestions?

Try using \computername\locallacount to get in rather then just the
username.

Thanks.
Andrew.
My Email: use andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org.