winchat

Old February 5th 05, 10:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Liam Gaughan

Default winchat

hey, whenever i try to use winchat on our network, i just get 'The other
computer did not respond' like instantly. Im using the windows firewall and
as a far as i know its not blocking the port its trying to acces, it hasnt
even asked for permission for the program

any help appreciated
thanks

Old February 12th 05, 12:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Christo

"Liam Gaughan" wrote in message
hey, whenever i try to use winchat on our network, i just get 'The other
computer did not respond' like instantly. Im using the windows firewall
and as a far as i know its not blocking the port its trying to acces, it
hasnt even asked for permission for the program

any help appreciated
thanks

not sure about it but try go into DOS

and type

NET SEND (IP) hello

see what happens if it fails go to

control panel administrative tools services

locate Messenger, start it, on both machines and make sure it starts
automatically

now try net send again

if it works try winchat

they may r may not be directly connected im just guessing, ut if you want to
display messages to network machines its best to use NET SEND command in dos