Router + Wan IP Pool

Old February 11th 05, 12:17 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
monster_en_co

Default Router + Wan IP Pool

Does any 1 know of a good dsl router that can handle more than one wan ip
address ? been stuck on this problem for a while. i host my own email and
web server behind my home 1 meg line. please help

Thank you

Old February 12th 05, 01:23 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
monster_en_co

No reason just wanna know

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
"monster_en_co" says...
Does any 1 know of a good dsl router that can handle more than one wan ip
address ? been stuck on this problem for a while. i host my own email
and
web server behind my home 1 meg line. please help

Why do you need more than one IP address?

Old February 12th 05, 10:18 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bernard Peek

In message , monster_en_co
writes
Does any 1 know of a good dsl router that can handle more than one wan ip
address ? been stuck on this problem for a while. i host my own email and
web server behind my home 1 meg line. please help

The only ISP I can think of that supplies multiple static addresses is
Zen. They suggest turning off NAT translation. Their web pages have
instructions for setting up several types of router. Any router that can
operate without NAT ought to be able to do it, I suspect that most can.

--
Bernard Peek
London, UK. DBA, Manager, Trainer & Author.

Old February 12th 05, 10:41 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jack Turner

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
snip
Why do you need more than one IP address?

I belive andrew's (monster_en_co's) idea was to run multiple servers from
different address's over one connection.

he is a technition and needs to experiment in this field if he wants to
progress further in his carea.

Hope this answers your question, now, can you answer his?

--
Regards, Posting from:
Jack Turner? ¤Sunny Ol' Wolverhampton

Old February 12th 05, 10:43 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jack Turner

"Bernard Peek" wrote in message
In message , monster_en_co The
only ISP I can think of that supplies multiple static addresses is Zen.
They suggest turning off NAT translation. Their web pages have
instructions for setting up several types of router. Any router that can
operate without NAT ought to be able to do it, I suspect that most can.

Spot on, he is on zen (as you can tell from his headders).

Didn't spot their support pages regarding this, will urge him to give it a
try tonight.

Thanks

Old February 12th 05, 02:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bernard Peek

In message , Jack
Turner writes
"Bernard Peek" wrote in message
In message , monster_en_co The
only ISP I can think of that supplies multiple static addresses is Zen.
They suggest turning off NAT translation. Their web pages have
instructions for setting up several types of router. Any router that can
operate without NAT ought to be able to do it, I suspect that most can.

Spot on, he is on zen (as you can tell from his headders).

Didn't spot their support pages regarding this, will urge him to give it a
try tonight.

I'm about to open a Zen account so I've already looked this up.

For the benefit of others, Zen offer a small block of static IP
addresses. Their instructions assume that the customer intends to set up
a small network with each machine having a public IP address.

Old February 13th 05, 03:01 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article , "Jack
Turner" [email protected] says...

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
snip
Why do you need more than one IP address?

I belive andrew's (monster_en_co's) idea was to run multiple servers from
different address's over one connection.

he is a technition and needs to experiment in this field if he wants to
progress further in his carea.

Hope this answers your question, now, can you answer his?

Look at the Draytek Vigor range.