Help Please: Belkin F5D7630-4A Can't login

Old February 12th 05, 10:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brownie

Default Help Please: Belkin F5D7630-4A Can't login

I have just bought a Belkin ADSL wireless router. It's brand new out of the
box and 'reset'.

I can't log in to the 192.168.x.x page to configure it. Windows is stopping
me.

I have a Windows XP Pro/SP2 machine with all the latest updates and am using
Norton Firewall etc. It was doing a fine job of accessing my previous wired
router/adsl modem via a LAN cable and accessing a Belkin wireless
router/access point via wireless until the wired modem died this morning.
So I went out and bought the Belkin combined adsl mdem/router/wireless all
in one box. I thought I would be running in minutes. oh no...

If I plug the Belkin in, it can detect the adsl line, it can detect a wired
LAN cable on a port. I can also detect the network from my PC.

If I try and connect to the internet, I can't. If I try and connect to
192.168.x.x all I get is a pop up box from Windows asking for a user name
and password (not the Belkin login screen). I am the administrator and have
admin rights but cannot get past this box. I have not knowingly changed any
permissions etc. and the Belkin manual sugests I should just be able to type
the 192.etc.

If I use my laptop with Belkin wireless card, I can get to 192. etc. and can
login etc. but the Belkin router doesn't seem to wnat to give me internet
access even though I've set the password and user for my ISP (nothing wrong
with ISP connection as I'm on it now via a spare adsl modem).

What's the problem first with my desktop set-up, and then internet access?

Thanks for any help.

Old February 13th 05, 07:50 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brownie

"Brownie" wrote in message
I have just bought a Belkin ADSL wireless router. It's brand new out of
the box and 'reset'.

I can't log in to the 192.168.x.x page to configure it. Windows is
stopping me.

Well it seems that nobody else could work it out either, so just as well I
have done a complete reinstall and I can login no problems now.