flood/bulk network cabling

Old February 13th 05, 03:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
T.

Default flood/bulk network cabling

This is for a home installation with network points in rooms.

What sort is recommended? It'll be done under floor boards etc. as that
is all currently already up.

Cat6 and Sheilded cable?

I won't be doing any of the installing myself (the electrician will),
but just need to buy the bulk cabling and network sockets that screw on
the wall.

Old February 13th 05, 11:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:29:20 +0000, "T."
strung together this:

This is for a home installation with network points in rooms.

What sort is recommended? It'll be done under floor boards etc. as that
is all currently already up.

Cat6 and Sheilded cable?

Excessive, cat5e will be more than adequate for an average home
network. You can get gigabit over it if it's installed correctly.

I won't be doing any of the installing myself (the electrician will),

Hmm, could be stretching the limits of his ability. Many sparks I know
of have absolutely no idea of how to correctly install network cables
of any sort.
--

SJW
Old February 14th 05, 06:15 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave Stanton

Hmm, could be stretching the limits of his ability. Many sparks I know of
have absolutely no idea of how to correctly install network cables of any
sort.

That will be running it along side mains cables then g

Dave

again
in the future!!