BT Wireless equipment

Old February 15th 05, 10:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andrew Hodgson

Default BT Wireless equipment

Hi,

Friend has just got BT wireless kit from BT with a Plusnet connection.
I set the laptop up in advance with WPA-PSK access using PKIP (?)- all
works a treat. The desktop with the BT card (the wireless uses a
Internal Toshiba system), we can see the WAP but can't connect to it -
that is, it would connect, but suddenly dropped out and now can't get
an IP address.) Any items to try before I loose all my hair over
this?

Thanks,
Andrew.
My Email: use andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org.