Can Anyone help me - Ethernet Card ?

Old February 18th 05, 11:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Confused

Default Can Anyone help me - Ethernet Card ?

According to my Control Panel/Networking/Configuration settings it
says

The following network components

Dia Up Adaptor
USB Cable Modem 351000
USB Cable Modem 351000
USB Cable Modem 351000
VIA VT6102 Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adaptor.

Does this mean I have a PCI ethernet card installed ?

The reason I ask this is that all I can see at the back is the V92
modem and nothing else installed into any other slots.

This modem does however have 2 connectos Phone and LINE.

Could it be the modem can be used as an ethernet card ? maybe via the
LINE socket ?

Thanks

Confused
Old February 19th 05, 12:50 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mikeFNB

yes you have one, prob a socket off the motherboard.
u say not if this is a laptop or WHY?
but according to a google search.
you do have a net lan socket but it wont be the line/phone sockets (too
small)

mike

Old February 19th 05, 01:35 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:13:17 GMT, Confused
strung together this:

Does this mean I have a PCI ethernet card installed ?

Probably not, it's more than likely on the motherboard, usually above
the USB sockets, (or to th right as you're looking at it installed in
the PC).

Could it be the modem can be used as an ethernet card ? maybe via the
LINE socket ?

Definitely not.
--

SJW
Old February 19th 05, 09:29 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
PeeGee

wrote:

According to my Control Panel/Networking/Configuration settings it
says

The following network components

Dia Up Adaptor
USB Cable Modem 351000
USB Cable Modem 351000
USB Cable Modem 351000
VIA VT6102 Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adaptor.

This is part of the VIA chipset "glue" that may also include S3
graphics. As in another post, the connector will be above or next to
the USB slots.

Does this mean I have a PCI ethernet card installed ?

The reason I ask this is that all I can see at the back is the V92
modem and nothing else installed into any other slots.

This modem does however have 2 connectos Phone and LINE.

Could it be the modem can be used as an ethernet card ? maybe via the
LINE socket ?

Thanks

Confused

PeeGee
--
The reply address is a spam trap. If you need to reply directly, put the UK where it should be - first.
Old February 20th 05, 06:15 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Confused

Thanks All,

I found it underneath the USB ports.