Is there a good book on all this?

Old February 19th 05, 01:14 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Periproct

Default Is there a good book on all this?

Can any of you recommend a book that will help me with all this stuff?

Something that will start with the basics (not TOO basic) and lead gently on
to the more complex stuff. I'm quite happy with setting up my ADSL
modem/router/firewall with a bit of port forwarding until something doesn't
work - like PCAnyhwere and then I'm stuffed.

Someone recently said 'Some can do NAT and bridging at the same time, some
can't.' Bridging? Means nothing to me and there are so many more examples.

Thanks for any help, Nige

Old February 19th 05, 10:17 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John

"Periproct" wrote in message
Can any of you recommend a book that will help me with all this stuff?

Something that will start with the basics (not TOO basic) and lead gently
on
to the more complex stuff. I'm quite happy with setting up my ADSL
modem/router/firewall with a bit of port forwarding until something
doesn't
work - like PCAnyhwere and then I'm stuffed.

Someone recently said 'Some can do NAT and bridging at the same time, some
can't.' Bridging? Means nothing to me and there are so many more examples.

Thanks for any help, Nige

I would think that the best literature is already online now and being
constantly updated with new technology.

I would start here with these *very* useful pages:

http://www.tomsnetworking.com

http://www.practicallynetworked.com

http://compnetworking.about.com

John

Old February 19th 05, 12:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , Periproct says...

http://www.wown.com/

--