Wireless network camera, Vcenter NC1000-W10 - anyone got one?

Old April 26th 05, 03:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chunky

Default Wireless network camera, Vcenter NC1000-W10 - anyone got one?

Has anyone seen one of these in action or had any experience with one -
seems a good price ---alarm sounds....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...97235 35&rd=1

seems to be supported from this website :

http://www.bluwireless.com/

I am tempted, particularly as it has night-vision and a mike - might make a
good network baby monitor. Just curious to know if anyone has any horror
stories.

Cheers!

Chunks

Old April 26th 05, 04:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Hemmings

"Chunky" No wrote in message news:[email protected]
Has anyone seen one of these in action or had any experience with one -
seems a good price ---alarm sounds....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...97235 35&rd=1

seems to be supported from this website :

http://www.bluwireless.com/

I am tempted, particularly as it has night-vision and a mike - might make

good network baby monitor. Just curious to know if anyone has any horror
stories.

2.5 lux means it doesn't have a very sensitive CMOS image sensor,
so you'd probably need an infra-red source in the baby's room.
HTH
--
Rob

Old April 27th 05, 10:19 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Enta News 2

2.5 lux means it doesn't have a very sensitive CMOS image sensor,
so you'd probably need an infra-red source in the baby's room.

Thanks, I will take that into consideration.

Chunks

Old April 27th 05, 01:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Paul D.Smith

But be warned - shipped from the US means you will probably get to pay
import duty and VAT in addition to the quoted price!

Paul DS.

Old April 27th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chunky

But be warned - shipped from the US means you will probably get to pay
import duty and VAT in addition to the quoted price!

Yup, ordered one today and I am expecting to be paying VAT on top.

Seems very little info out there on this camera, a bit of a gamble but
hopefully it will do the job.

Chunks

Old April 29th 05, 02:54 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
nog

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:22:53 +0100, Chunky wrote:

But be warned - shipped from the US means you will probably get to pay
import duty and VAT in addition to the quoted price!

Yup, ordered one today and I am expecting to be paying VAT on top.

Seems very little info out there on this camera, a bit of a gamble but
hopefully it will do the job.

Be sure to let us have a report.
Old April 29th 05, 09:46 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chunky

nog wrote:

Be sure to let us have a report.

Will do

Chunks
Old May 5th 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chunky

Chunky wrote:
Has anyone seen one of these in action or had any experience with one -
seems a good price ---alarm sounds....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...97235 35&rd=1

seems to be supported from this website :

http://www.bluwireless.com/

I am tempted, particularly as it has night-vision and a mike - might make a
good network baby monitor. Just curious to know if anyone has any horror
stories.

For posterity, or those thinking of buying this camera, it arrived
yesterday and is now sitting happily on my WLAN.

Seems to work very well, low light performance is OK (IR is fine),
picture quality is average like any webcam really - good enough. The
frame rates are relatively low although this improves when you reduce
the resolution, possibly a bandwidth limit on my 802.11b network?

The user interface is web-based and a little clunky but works OK.

I haven't tested all the options yet (sound?) and I am unlikely to use
the internet broadcast option.

So for the price (I paid 100 including P&P from the US) it seems like a
good deal if you want a wireless network or security camera with
night-vision.

Access to the picture is via a web interface in any browser which is fun
as we can access it from any PC on the network with no additional s/w.

Cheers

Chunks
Old May 6th 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chunks

Tell me, what are the mounting options? Can it be screwed to a wall for
example? Is it marked "indoor use only" etc?

It comes with what looks like a standard camera screw mounting, a small
mounting pole with adjustable swivel bracket and a wall fitting with
rawl plugs etc.

So, yes, it can be mounted on a wall but it is definitely not weather
proof or suitable for outside as far as I can see.

Chunks