Ordered wrong router what can I do?

Old May 4th 05, 11:02 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
JJJJ

Default Ordered wrong router what can I do?

I accidently/stupidly ordered the wrong router, one without a built in modem.
Can I get round this somehow without sending it back? I need a modem but the
one which comes with the broadband package I'm opting for is a standard USB
and won't connect to the router. Is there any way of doing this? Or would the
easiest thing be to send it back?

Thanks.

Jules
There are two respites from the miseries of life - music and cats.
Old May 4th 05, 11:28 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

JJJJ wrote:
I accidently/stupidly ordered the wrong router, one without a built

in modem.
Can I get round this somehow without sending it back? I need a modem

but the
one which comes with the broadband package I'm opting for is a

standard USB
and won't connect to the router. Is there any way of doing this? Or

would the
easiest thing be to send it back?

Thanks.

Jules
There are two respites from the miseries of life - music and cats.

Assuming you ordered the goods by mail order / internet within the UK
then you have the right to return them within 7 days of receipt, under
Distance Selling Regulations. However the vendor is within their rights
to make you pay the retun postage, plus a restocking fee.

Old May 4th 05, 03:19 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
JJJJ

In article , RolYat wrote:
In article . com,

Assuming you ordered the goods by mail order / internet within the UK
then you have the right to return them within 7 days of receipt, under
Distance Selling Regulations. However the vendor is within their rights
to make you pay the retun postage, plus a restocking fee.

I don't believe they can charge a restocking fee on a retail sale.
The Distant Selling REgulations is the act that applies.

You also have the right to a longer period of return if the vendor does
not make their return policy etc known to you at the time of purchase.

I suggest the OP takes a look at http://tinyurl.com/bfpch

There's no problem the Seller is exchaning for the correct one (with
additional cost). I just have to foot the postage. I expected to have to do
that. They would have refunded if I'd have wanted that also.