Someone with 1 license pls check

Old May 5th 05, 08:07 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Pinot Grigio

Default Someone with 1 license pls check

Can someone with more than one license please check if the account id is the
same for all licenses?

I have NIS 2004 Pro (licensed for 2 pcs) and want to install it on a new
laptop. I have installed it twice but have not used one license since Nov
2003 so the account ID is no longer there and you are asked to run
LiveUpdate and renew your subscription to find out what it is.
I am worried that as I have used up 2 licenses, I will have trouble
installing it again. I don't want to lose my desktop security in the
process.

I have emailed Symantec. Their response is: "You can install the product
on to your new laptop. Just make sure that the product is installed just on
two machines. Please uninstall the product from your previously PC."