Folder sharing over network, how do a limit who can see what ?

Old May 6th 05, 11:08 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Default Folder sharing over network, how do a limit who can see what ?

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri, 06 May
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk BORG fornis
do marikano es bono tan el:

Probably been asked a few times but I had to re subscribe and lost a
lot of posts.

I want to allow a computer to access my network but only see one of my
folder and use the net. I have shared folder that I have on the
network that I want to keep shared between the other two though.

Is there a way to limit what the 3rd computer can see ?

Probably, but it depends almost entirely on what OSes you're running.

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
|- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk
Old May 6th 05, 02:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
[ste parker]

BORG wrote:
On Fri, 06 May 2005 11:08:26 +0100, deKay
wrote:

Probably been asked a few times but I had to re subscribe and lost a
lot of posts.

I want to allow a computer to access my network but only see one of my
folder and use the net. I have shared folder that I have on the
network that I want to keep shared between the other two though.

Is there a way to limit what the 3rd computer can see ?

Probably, but it depends almost entirely on what OSes you're running.

XP

Which one?

--
[ste]
Rpoints, money for nothing: http://tinyurl.com/3on76
Old May 6th 05, 02:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri, 06 May
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk BORG fornis
do marikano es bono tan el:

Probably, but it depends almost entirely on what OSes you're running.

XP

Home or Pro, and which Service Pack?

(Yes, it makes a difference)

deKay