CAT5 wall plates

Old May 6th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mark

Default CAT5 wall plates

Is it fairly easy to install CAT5 sockets on the wall? Is it just like
installing a phone socket where the bare wires don't need to touch the
terminals? I need to have one downstairs, a cable going up the outside wall
into a socket upstairs

Old May 7th 05, 07:17 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Smith

"mark" wrote in message
Is it fairly easy to install CAT5 sockets on the wall? Is it just like
installing a phone socket where the bare wires don't need to touch the
terminals? I need to have one downstairs, a cable going up the outside
wall
into a socket upstairs

Its easy, but get yourself a decent punchdown tool to make it effortless.

Old May 7th 05, 08:26 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
MW0GUV

"John Smith" wrote in message

Its easy, but get yourself a decent punchdown tool to make it effortless.

If you are running Cat5 cable outside make sure you have external grade
cable.

Punch down tools available here www.wiselan.com