Netgear DG834G from Amazon

Old May 7th 05, 01:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Scooby Doo

Default Netgear DG834G from Amazon

I was thinking of selling my Netgear DG834G modem/router which I've had for
about a year and buying the same one from Amazon as they give you a free USB
Wireless adapter. Anyone know if this is a v2 kit and is what difference, if
any, is there from the v1 machine?

Thanks

Old May 7th 05, 03:40 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Pinot Grigio

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message
I was thinking of selling my Netgear DG834G modem/router which I've had for
about a year and buying the same one from Amazon as they give you a free
USB
Wireless adapter. Anyone know if this is a v2 kit and is what difference,
if
any, is there from the v1 machine?

Thanks

Do you use Norton or McAfee with it by any chance? If so, have you had any
problems? See my post of the 5th for more...

Old May 7th 05, 05:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tim..

"Anthony R. Gold" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 7 May 2005 12:55:08 +0100, "Scooby Doo"
wrote:

I was thinking of selling my Netgear DG834G modem/router which I've had

for
about a year and buying the same one from Amazon as they give you a free

USB
Wireless adapter. Anyone know if this is a v2 kit and is what

difference, if
any, is there from the v1 machine?

The V1 is a larger unit, 25.5cm x 17cm versus 18cm x 12cm, in grey versus
white and uses a different chip set with a 15V supply versus the 12V
supply of the V2. The V1 also has screw sockets in its base to hang the
unit on a wall while the V2 only has clip-on stand feet. The two versions
are functionally identical and share the same software and settings.

Yes, i wanted to wall hang my V2 and have had to fabricate some right angle
brackets bolted to the plastic feet so as to make this possible.

Why did Netgear stop doing the screw slots?!!?!? *fume*

Tim..