Setting up a network

Old May 10th 05, 08:50 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
JJJJ

Default Setting up a network

We are in the process of setting up a network ready to go broadband. This is
between a Mac and a PC with a Belkin router/modem.

The Mac is talking to the router with no problems, but when we try to access
the management page of the router we can't. Does anyone know why? Do we have
to wait until we get the broadband information in? Is there a way round this?

Thanks

Jules
There are two respites from the miseries of life - music and cats.
Old May 10th 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

I set my laptop to obtain an IP automatically and that has been on
192.168.2.2 and has also been 192.168.2.3... Is it a case of just
setting the IP on the mac to something like 192.168.2.10... But wont
that keep on changing, as it should be set to auto obtain one.. im
totally lost when working with macs, so excuse my lack of knowledge.

Many Thanks

Old May 10th 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article .com,
says...
I set my laptop to obtain an IP automatically and that has been on
192.168.2.2 and has also been 192.168.2.3... Is it a case of just
setting the IP on the mac to something like 192.168.2.10... But wont
that keep on changing, as it should be set to auto obtain one.. im
totally lost when working with macs, so excuse my lack of knowledge.

You can give it a static IP and make sure the gateway address and DNS
server address is set to the IP addy of the router.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.