Calculating router throughput - DG834g

Old May 24th 05, 12:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Simon Woods

Default Calculating router throughput - DG834g

Hi

I've a dg834g. My stats are

Up time - 20hrs 20 mins
Packets received - 506176
Received b/s - 7581

Could someone should me the calculations to convert this into bytes received
in that amount of uptime?

Is it really just a case of multiplying the received bits/sec by the number
of seconds that elapse in 20hours 20mins ( divided by number of bits in a
byte. (If it is that's about 693.5 megs - anyone care to correct/verify)

I don't know how many bytes/bits are 'in' each packet. I assume it may vary.

Thanks

Simon

PS Is it possible to get these statistics programmatically?

Old June 7th 05, 11:26 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dean Jarratt

"Simon Woods" wrote in
:

Hi

I've a dg834g. My stats are

Up time - 20hrs 20 mins
Packets received - 506176
Received b/s - 7581

Could someone should me the calculations to convert this into bytes
received in that amount of uptime?

Is it really just a case of multiplying the received bits/sec by the
number of seconds that elapse in 20hours 20mins ( divided by number of
bits in a byte. (If it is that's about 693.5 megs - anyone care to
correct/verify)

I don't know how many bytes/bits are 'in' each packet. I assume it may
vary.

Number of bytes in each packet depends on the MTU size. Check your router
for this setting. If the MTU size is 1500, that's 1500 mulitplied by 506176
(packets received), that's 759,264,000 bytes = 759 megabytes.