File transfer

Old May 27th 05, 03:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
George

Default File transfer

Hi
I'm trying to troubleshoot two networked PC's through a Linksys router. PC
"A"can transfer files to and from the other but PC "B" can't access files
from "A".
Everything was fine and working well.
I get a 'not enough server storage is available to process this command'
when I try to access files on PC "A" from PC "B". There are two other
networked PC's and PC "B" can access them no bother.

Any pointers much appreciated.

TIA

George

Old May 27th 05, 06:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve Wyles

George wrote:
Hi
I'm trying to troubleshoot two networked PC's through a Linksys router. PC
"A"can transfer files to and from the other but PC "B" can't access files
from "A".
Everything was fine and working well.
I get a 'not enough server storage is available to process this command'
when I try to access files on PC "A" from PC "B". There are two other
networked PC's and PC "B" can access them no bother.

If the server is NT: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q126401/

Steve

Old May 28th 05, 05:29 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
George

Hi
Its a 4 PC home network using a Linksys WAG54G. All PC's are hardwired into
the router.

Thanks for the quick reply

George

Old May 28th 05, 06:51 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
poster

On 28 May 2005 04:29 UTC, "George" wrote:

Its a 4 PC home network using a Linksys WAG54G. All PC's are hardwired
ito the router.

I doubt the router has anything to do with it.

What OS do you run on each PC ?
Can you 'ping' the other PCs from 'B' ?
Do you use fixed IP for them, or are you using some workgroup name
under Windows ? Is there anything about PC 'A' (low memory, disk
space) which might make it report a problem ? Can 'C' and 'D' get
access to the files on 'A' ? Peter M.
--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.
Old May 28th 05, 12:30 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
George

Hi
I'm on Win XP home on A and XP Pro on B. I can ping every PC from B and
access the other two PC's from B. C and D are running Win ME and XP Pro
respectively.
Just checked C and D to see if they can access A and they cannot. C and D
can access each other and B. The same error message appears.

TIA

George

. 87...

Old May 28th 05, 04:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Steele

I'm trying to troubleshoot two networked PC's through a Linksys router.
PC "A"can transfer files to and from the other but PC "B" can't access
files from "A".
Everything was fine and working well.
I get a 'not enough server storage is available to process this command'
when I try to access files on PC "A" from PC "B". There are two other
networked PC's and PC "B" can access them no bother.

Any pointers much appreciated.

The symptoms are not quite the same

I diagnosed a problem with access to workgroups a few weeks ago - could it
be related to the Windows Firewall and XP SP2? This was the diagnosis and
cure I posted on another newsgroup. This happened after I applied a security
fix SP2 or later.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...3208f1691dd510

John Steele

Old May 29th 05, 05:01 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
George

Hi
I disabled Windows Firewall but the problem still persists.
TIA

George

Old May 30th 05, 12:26 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Steele

Can you access files on PC "A" from the other two computers?

Have you see this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177078/?

Have you tried to Google with your error string (this is how I found the
Microsoft link above)?

John Steele

Old May 30th 05, 12:42 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
George

Hi John
That link sorted out the problem. I installed a new anti virus last week
(Norton).

Thanks very very much for all the replies....