Network problem

Old June 5th 05, 02:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lion_of_the_south

Default Network problem

I have a gigabyte mobo with onboard Lan (just purchased).Installed Win
XP and it all worked fine . Was having some probs so though I would
reinstall windows.Now it wont install the driver for the onboard LAN.
I get this message when I try to install the driver

Cannot Install this Hardware
There was a problem installign this hardwa
Marvel Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter,Copper RJ-45

An Error occurred during the installation of the device
The style of the INF is different than what was requested.

In Network COnnections it shows all 3 connections :Connection 2
(onboard) has Network Cable Unplugged..but when I plug it in its not
recognised . 1394 Connection which is connected .but if I plug the cable
into that port (onboard) its not recognised. And then there is the
connection I am using to write this.PCI card which was recognised
straight away.
Hope that made sense!!!!

How can I sort out the installation problem? I want to take the NIC out
of the PC

Old June 5th 05, 02:37 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Teeth

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 12:23:51 GMT, lion_of_the_south
wrote:

.Now it wont install the driver for the onboard LAN.
I get this message when I try to install the driver

Get the latest driver from the onboard LAN chipset maker's site and
try with that.

It could be a problem with the driver/disk that you are using.

--
Cheers,

Guy