Server 2003: question on shared directory settings

Old June 5th 05, 09:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Langholm

Default Server 2003: question on shared directory settings

Hi all. My server runs Server2003 and it offers i.a. a directory with
complete access (read-write-modify etc) for all registered users in Active
Directory, for easy file exchange.
I want this unorganised directory to be automatically cleaned out for all
files and directories that have been created there, 2 days after their
appearance there.
Does someone know which parameters to adjust, for having this done
automatically...?

Old June 6th 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andrew Hodgson

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 21:44:34 +0200, "Langholm" wrote:

Hi all. My server runs Server2003 and it offers i.a. a directory with
complete access (read-write-modify etc) for all registered users in Active
Directory, for easy file exchange.
I want this unorganised directory to be automatically cleaned out for all
files and directories that have been created there, 2 days after their
appearance there.
Does someone know which parameters to adjust, for having this done
automatically...?

It is not possible (I think), because there needs to be a process
which goes round and removes the files in that directory. There are
programs or scripts which could do this for you, though I have not
used anything and couldn't recommend anything.

Thanks.
Andrew.
My Email: use andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org.