Need wiring diagram for a 9 pin serial cable for a Smart UPS-1400i

Old June 7th 05, 01:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jason Arthurs

Default Need wiring diagram for a 9 pin serial cable for a Smart UPS-1400i

I have an APC SmartUPS 1400i and need to make up a cable so I can use
PowerChute to initiate a safe shutdown. Can anyone point me in the
direction of the wiring diagram for the serial cable (I am assuming
this is not a 'standard' serial cable).

Regards,
Jason.

---
Replace nntp with my name to reply.
N0 5pAm H3r3: Include this tagline to pass my spam filter.
Old June 7th 05, 08:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Clint Sharp

In message , Jason Arthurs
writes
I have an APC SmartUPS 1400i and need to make up a cable so I can use
PowerChute to initiate a safe shutdown. Can anyone point me in the
direction of the wiring diagram for the serial cable (I am assuming
this is not a 'standard' serial cable).

You'd be right....
http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/ups/

Regards,
Jason.

---

--
Clint Sharp
Old June 8th 05, 07:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Fryatt

Jason Arthurs wrote:
I have an APC SmartUPS 1400i and need to make up a cable so I can use
PowerChute to initiate a safe shutdown. Can anyone point me in the
direction of the wiring diagram for the serial cable (I am assuming
this is not a 'standard' serial cable).

Correct!

These might help...

http://www.tkrh.demon.co.uk/apc.html

http://www.apcupsd.com/3.10.x-manual/index.html
(mainly for Linux/BSD-type systems but has a section on cables)