bizarre delay

Old June 11th 05, 02:03 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lee walters

Default bizarre delay

Just set up a Netgear modem wireless router and all is fine *except* an
odd, odd situation...if I start up my PC I can use the internet fine,
but POP3 and SMTP email won't work for around 15 to 30 minutes, then
it's fine. What's going on? So very confused. Any help would be much
appreciated. TIA.