webdav

Old June 19th 05, 06:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tom

Default webdav

Hi!

I am trying to access a webdav server on my home computer from the
outside world but am running into a few difficulties.

I am running Apache, with mod_dav on OS X and have no trouble
connecting to this locally. However, I cannot connect from work, or via
a web proxy from home. I have a NetGear DG834G router with http being
forwarded to my computer.

Most HTTP requests work fine; I can see the apache startup page for
example. However, looking at the Apache logs, a local connection to
webdav results in an "OPTIONS" and "PROPFIND" HTTP/1.1 request, neither
of which appear when I try to go via a web proxy (I need to go via the
proxy otherwise the router doesn't 'route' in the same way).

Is it possible that the NetGear router just doesn't support HTTP/1.1
forwarding or could it be something else?

Thanks,
Tom

Old June 20th 05, 12:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Christo

Tom wrote in message ...
[...]

someone here might be able to help but you may also want to consider posting
at

alt.apache.configuration